Fishing Holidays In The Dordogne, Vezere River, France
River fishing holidays in the Dordogne whilst on holiday here at Le Four a Sel, you can combine
the beautiful Dordogne surroundings in France with your favourite sport: river fishing in France on the Vezere, right
on your doorstep. We are next to the Vezere river, where Carp and Barbel are a good
catch as the river is fairly shallow and fast flowing. At the
end of our property is a fish ladder and a weir. Nearby there are 2 fishing lakes, just 20minutes away and along
the valley you will find many streams, clear and beautifully tea colored,
excellent for fly fishing. View our " Fishing holidays in the Dordogne " gallery.
View of Vezere from Le four a Sel
Another successful carp catch at Le Four a Sel
As Dad enjoys his holiday with a day’s fishing on the river Vezere - Mum can relax under one
of the walnut trees in the orchard while the children can frolic in the
pool or entertain themselves with a selection of games in the two play
areas onsite. Bacon baguettes can be delivered to you at the side of the river,
whilst your other half stays in bed (except July/August).
Fishing holidays in the Dordogne, France on the River Vezere.
- Fishing Holidays Dordogne - Licenses and bait can be purchased at Montignac where even
the local supermarket stocks bait (maggots)
- You will be asked to provide an ID photo when buying a fishing licence for your holiday.
- The Vezere River - with trout, carp, roach, pike, perch, bream, black
bass and gudgeon.
- The usual baits are : corn,luncheon meat,worms,bread
- There are also several fishing lakes nearby, including
one in Thenon just 20 minutes away with a small beach and restaurant/bar
with live music during the summer
- Waterparks and watersports
us also have lakes on their premises where one can fish